u Notes from the Underground: Farewell blues (?)

Farewell blues (?)

Monday, August 21, 2006

On my last day (well, almost - I am actually flying tomorrow, but it would ruin the effect if I said last but one day, wouldnt it?) in India I thought I would write a post waxing eloquent about what these changes meant to me (to non-regular readers, I am off for a PhD at the Comp. Sci. dept in OSU). But now, um, I cant seem to think about anything but the possibility of my luggage exceeding the weight limits of Lufthansa. And, besides, all the happiness experts say that we regularly overestimate our future sadness, so, well, I am not so sad. Go figure :D.

Anyway, for no particular reason, here's a pic of the Godavari banks on Rajahmundry. No particular reason.(Click to enlarge.)

4 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic. The bridge looks too good.

For no particular reason? No particular reason? *Smirk* I would suspect a premature bout of homesickness & nostalgia. ;-)

 
At 11:32 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger kuffir said...

good luck! and keep blogging..

 
At 12:24 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Gubbi said...

Venu, All the best.
Keep blogging.
And don't cry for missing Godaavari :)

Abhi march_hisaab.xls baaki hai :P

 
At 3:24 AM, August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rajat: Well, nostalgia mostly, donno about homesickness. fine distinction between the two, you know :)

Kuffir: Thanks, and keep reading! :)

Gubbi: Thanks yaar. march_hisab nahi karne se mere ko jyada problem nahin hai. tu hi apna ek aur baar dekh le kitna chuna laga hai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home