u Notes from the Underground: Around the blogosphere

Around the blogosphere

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Rory Blyth has a rockacious-hilarious post on his experience with French Canadians. It does not belong in his "louvre", but is still just as funny. And if you're visiting his blog for the first time, then boy, do I envy you, for you have a lot of laughing to do. My personal favourite is the one on Excel sheets.

(Dratted blogspot. It does a publish post when you do Ctrl+S, which in about every other application in the world means "Save", not "Publish" or "Print".)

**********

There's a new blog in the Indian blogosphere that's attracting a lot of discussion. Its called the How the Other Half Lives, and purports to fill the vacuum left behind by the mainstream media (and the mainstream blogs, presumably ) regarding the true state of India. Take a visit and see the comments, if you are interested in this kind of thing and are relatively jobless. Some of the comments are good, such as this.
Oops, sorry, :-D. I meant to link to this.

**********

Gaurav Sabnis has put up a quiz which the quizzers amongst my reader(s?) might be interested in. At first glance, I knew only the 13th one. Ofcourse most of the non-googlable ones are stuff that I wouldnt know regardless of how many glances I took (unless I used .

8 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for spreading the word about us!

 
At 7:21 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Rajat said...

That Rory Blyth thing is just too much. Very funny.

Yeah, Blogger asks you to use Ctrl-D to save as draft.

I tried the quiz. Got a few. I know that I have seen some of the others, but can't remember the answers. :-) Didn't try the media stuff though.

 
At 1:34 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger kuffir said...

venu, saw your comments on 'the other half'(didn't notice any presence of 'the other half' on that blog).. i could see you were disappointed too.

 
At 2:04 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Venu said...

Indeed, I am disappointed. I seriously doubt if the contributors to that blog are interested in realising the limits of their world-view. They just seem unwilling to acknowledge others' arguments.

 
At 7:57 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Gaurav said...

Hi Venu. Thanks for linking to my quiz. Also loved your comment on theotherindia.

Your blog seems new, and this is my first visit here. Like whatever I see.

cheers, and hope to see you around the blogosphere a lot more.

 
At 10:06 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Venu said...

Thanks for dropping by, Gaurav. My blog is still trying to find out where its headed. :)

 
At 11:31 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Dijas said...

The post on french canadians was plain hilarious. :)) I am laughing my @ss off.

 
At 9:13 PM, February 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the info and the links. The excel one was particularly interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home